FK Engineering was founded in 2012 and has quickly grown to include some of the foremost underground engineering professionals in southeast Michigan and across the Midwest. Our engineers have lead underground engineering investigations and
design for many large public works and industrial projects locally and across the country. These have included large diameter tunnels , major bridges and interchanges, landfills, and industrial development. Our engineers are respected throughout the industry
FK Engineering has the staff resources and the dedication to handle our clients’ toughest challenges., and have authored numerous technical and professional publications.
Extensive experience in underground infrastructure design and construction includes thousands of projects in Michigan and across the Midwest. Just a few of the more notable project tasks that our staff has lead include:
- Lead for geotechnical engineering investigation for the United States side of the Gordie Howe International Bridge (subconsultant to Canadian firm)
- Lead for underwater inspection of over 90,000 lineal of large diameter raw water intakes and conveyance tunnel.
- Lead for foundation engineering for the new Comerica Park Baseball Stadium
- Project manager and lead designer for underground engineering for the $210 million Conner Creek CSO Abatement Basin (subconsultant to lead designer)
- Project manager for the $10 million salt cavern and foundation evaluation for the Detroit River International Crossing feasibility study (subconsultant to lead EIS firm)
- Project Manager and design lead for Contracts 1 through 6 of the $160 million Oakland-Macomb Interceptor Tunnel Repair (subconsultant to another firm)