FK Engineering was founded in 2012 and has quickly grown to include some of the foremost underground engineering professionals in southeast Michigan and across the Midwest. Our engineers have lead underground engineering investigations and design for many large public works and industrial projects locally and across the country. These have included large diameter tunnels and shafts, major bridges and interchanges, landfills, and industrial development.
FK Engineering has the staff resources and the dedication to handle our clients’ toughest challenges. Our engineers have authored numerous technical and professional publications, and are respected throughout the industry.
Our staff have extensive training and experience in underground infrastructure design and construction including thousands of projects in Michigan and across the Midwest. Just a few of the more notable project tasks that our staff have lead or are currently leading include:
- Lead for CS-168: Design for Rehabilitation of GLWA Conveyance System Interceptors and Trunk Sewers
- Design Lead for DB-226: Rehabilitation of the Detroit River Interceptor
- Lead for geotechnical engineering investigation for the United States side of the Gordie Howe International Bridge (subconsultant to Canadian firm)
- Lead for underwater inspection of over 90,000 lineal of large diameter raw water intakes and conveyance tunnel
- Lead for Geotechnical Engineering for the $75 million repair for the PCI-12A collapse (Fraser Sinkhole) in Macomb County Michigan
- Project Manager and design lead for Contracts 1 through 6 of the $160 million Oakland-Macomb Interceptor Tunnel Repair (subconsultant to another firm)